If you are looking to make a statement with the engagement ring that you are going to propose with, then you will need to ensure that you deal with a reputable jeweller. There are questions that you will need to ask any potential jeweller to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible, and by following the advice below you should be well on your way to getting the engagement ring of your partner’s dreams.
Find Reputable Jewellers
Using the internet, you will be able to find many jewellers in your local area that you can look at to see what they have to offer. It is best to avoid high street jewellers as you can often get a lot more for your money when you use the services of an independent jeweller that will handcraft your engagement ring for you. You can check out engagement rings Brisbane shops like The Diamond Jewellery Studio can offer and look at the online reputation of each shop so you can draw up a shortlist of about 4 or 5 that you want to contact so you can ask them questions. Once you have your list, you can then call them on the telephone, use an email or their online contact form, or even visit them in person.
Questions You Need To Ask
You will need to ask all the jewellers on your list the same questions to ensure that you have all the information that you require to choose the best jeweller to create your engagement ring. Some of the questions that you may wish to ask are as follows:
- What precious metals and gemstones do you specialise in? Many jewellers will often be able to offer customers any precious metals or gems that they require, but they will usually have a preference of materials that they like to use. Ask them about their experience in creating jewellery with the gemstones and metal that you are looking to use in your engagement ring.
- Do you use certified gemstones? You will be having questions such as how to tell if the ring is of high quality. You will want to ensure that any gemstones that are going to be used in your ring are certified to ensure that they are the quality that is stated, and that they are conflict-free.
- What credentials do you have? You will also want to ask the jewellers about their credentials including qualifications and accreditations with associations such as the Gemmological Association of Australia (GAA).
- What is the turnaround time to create a unique engagement ring? This will vary between jewellers but usually the lead time is between four to eight weeks from concept to competition, but you will want each jeweller to confirm their lead time individually.
- Do you offer finance? Many jewellers will offer finance so if this is something that you require you will need to ask if this option is available.
- What do you recommend? After you explain to each jeweler what it is that you want, you should ask them what they recommend, and then compare these recommendations.
You may also have other questions that you want to ask, and once you have asked each jeweler and received the replies, you will then need to compare the answers, as well as the quotes, and work out which one you feel would be best. Once decided, in less than two months, you will have a unique engagement ring that is going to knock the socks off your future wife.